Raw Log - Session 020

<misteranthropy>: btw jake, did you get the updates i made re: act II ideas on OP?
<jake2099>: I’m looking at them now, actually!
<misteranthropy>: ah
<misteranthropy>: well let me know if you think the broad strokes will work with whatever ideas you have percolating
<jake2099>: it fits pretty well, actually
<misteranthropy>: good
<jake2099>: so yeah I’ll consult with you about that via email but basically full steam ahead
<jake2099>: so alright, let’s hit the ground running. last time, you guys left off after contacting Lacey Chalke about the plan. Since we kind of accidentally elided over the end of the conversation with Maggie Fang – Fang agreed to the plan and asked to you bring Lacey to a park on Granville Island.
<jake2099>: She also gave you the phone number of one of her people who’s ready, after you text them, to be present as a “witness” to whatever you do
<jake2099>: Right now you are still where we left off, in the club with Lacey, with Aurelia having established a mental link. We can pick up there or advance the clock.
MisterAnthropy>: (Why don’t we advance ahead?) The mages are in a car headed to yet another park so that they can cast the spells needed for the ruse without interruption from Sleepers.
<misteranthropy>: (we of course don’t have the details nailed down yet…)
<ell>: (Why don’t we nail them down now?)
<misteranthropy>: (i figure that Sinon can imitate maggie, with some aura-masking help from BJ. Aurelia could add in some mind-based hallucinations, bj can add visual effects—perhaps using that road flare as a base—and elithora can be off screen maing wonky/disorienting time things happen to lacey’s friends?)
<jake2099>: That works!
<misteranthropy>: (i am open to other ideas too!)
<jake2099>: I need to double check desc’s sheet but he might be able to give you guys 9agains
<ell>: (Maybe not Maggie herself, but one of her goons)
<misteranthropy>: (that works—Sinon can imitate any of the ones he saw given enough turns to do the casting)
<jake2099>: Yeah, you got a good look at six or eight different goons
<jake2099>: so ok, any other thoughts from anyone?
<ell>: and we ned a paty
<ell>: patsy
<ell>: besides Maggie’s hand-picked one
<misteranthropy>: that’s why simon imitates another one of her goons. that patsy escapes.
<misteranthropy>: which makes it a kind of not-atsy
<ell>: and a witness
<jake2099>: oh by patsy you mean another witness?
<jake2099>: yeah
<ell>: from among Lacey’s gang
<misteranthropy>: it’s either manny or the other one who’s name we never got
<thomamelas>: I vote for Manny.
<ell>: I kinda want two
<thomamelas>: It increases the complexity quite a bit.
<ell>: yeah
<ell>: but improves the chances the Prince buys it
<misteranthropy>: but if aurelia can work the casting to get two then that works
<ell>: I can!
<misteranthropy>: Sinon can help a bit with something Mind-based
<misteranthropy>: give you some extra dice
<jake2099>: You’ll have Maggie’s help on that front. She’s more than happy to act “guilty” temporarily
<ell>: But Aurelia is up for the challenge
<thomamelas>: I assume the scene we set involves Manny and the other Patsy putting up a fight?
<misteranthropy>: not if the hallucinations scare them off
<misteranthropy>: in other directions
<ell>: yep
<ell>: So how precisely do you want her to die?
<misteranthropy>: hmmm
<jake2099>:
<misteranthropy>: uhhh
<misteranthropy>: huh
<ell>: jake
<ell>: bad jake
jake2099 whistles
<misteranthropy>: ugh and there is a ‘seduction science’ webiste. of course.
MisterAnthropy shakes head.
<shivahn>: I like how people apparently want to fuck you because you’re touching something connected to the vagina. Instead of, you know, the brain.
<misteranthropy>: so ANYWAY
<ell>: and the nose is totally connected
<shivahn>: Duh. Didn’t you see the word science all over the place?
<thomamelas>: What scares them off?
<misteranthropy>: thom: seduction science people?
<misteranthropy>: the true vampires
<misteranthropy>: ?
<thomamelas>: Can I make a slightly more bloody suggestion?
<ell>: Go on
<misteranthropy>: please do
<thomamelas>: Instead of making Manny run off, why don’t we make it look like a snatch and grab. He attempts to defend her and gets some bullet holes for his trouble. Not enough to be lethal since it takes a lot of bullet holes to put a vamp down but enough to be convincing. I mean who is going to shoot themselves a dozen times?
<misteranthropy>: would maggie’s people shoot someone up?
<misteranthropy>: if so, then sure
<thomamelas>: All of it except the bullet holes happen in his mind. He catches a glimpse of Maggie in the car.
<jake2099>: Yeah, they could. They’re pagan cultists but they’re fine with guns
<misteranthropy>: of course, we want manny to think lacey is dead
<misteranthropy>: pagan cults… with guns!
<misteranthropy>: i see a good b-movie there
<desc>: bwuh. hi.
<shivahn>: Hey desc.
<ell>: https://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/nose/
<thomamelas>: She catches a lot of bullets. We just need some of her blood to make it authentic. If we want, while he’s dazed we can have him “overhear” they will use her for some sort of ritual.
<jake2099>: a desc walks among us!
<thomamelas>: Hey Desc
<misteranthropy>: that works for me
<misteranthropy>: i still think we should throw some hallucinations and weird time stuff at them
<misteranthropy>: just because that is what they think maggie is all about
<misteranthropy>: and it means everyone in the cabal has something to do
<ell>: Nah we gotta have her die on camera, so to speak
<thomamelas>: Then how do we fake the body?
<misteranthropy>: maybe there is the snatch and grab, but we have elithora use enough time & fate to slow down their pursuit
<misteranthropy>: then they arrive just as lacey is being ‘killed;
<ell>: We use her. Of course
<misteranthropy>: vamps should dissolve into dust
<misteranthropy>: at least in some games
<thomamelas>: And if they attack?
<jake2099>: yeah, vampires just turn to ash
<ell>: We beat them, duh
<misteranthropy>: that’s what giant fireballs created from road flares are there for. fire should scare the hell out of them
<misteranthropy>: especially if aurelia increases their fear
<misteranthropy>: assuming giant fireballs are possible
<misteranthropy>: i’m not up on forces
<jake2099>: yeah! thom can amplify any flame
<thomamelas>: Giant fireballs are doable with prep time. Lances of flame are more effective. But that really screams our involvement.
<ell>: We’re impersonating vampire witches
<misteranthropy>: a ring of fire anytime they try to approach, maybe?
<ell>: Ok so: BJ can make a ring of fire to keep the witnesses away, while Sinon impersonates Lacey’s killer. Maybe Thom can impersonate one of the other vampire witches?
<ell>: and give Manny a couple bullets for his trouble
<ell>: I’ll make it convincing
<ell>: just: how will Lacey “die?”
<desc>: Slowing people down (and accelerating people up) are doable as needed for sure.
<misteranthropy>: why not have be diablerized?
<ell>: Yeah, Eli will be insurance and support
<misteranthropy>: that would be an even bigger taboo
<ell>: Yeah but they won’t see it in the patsy’s aura
<misteranthropy>: they won’t see what?
<ell>: the diablerie
<ell>: I suppose we wouldn’t know that IC though
<ell>: fatal flaw in our plan
<misteranthropy>: well we could always have be chained up and put on fire
<misteranthropy>: after ritual cuttings or whatever
<ell>: The longer it takes the harder it is
<jake2099>: (the patsy doesn’t have to be someone real, if he/she is with someone recognizable as one of maggie’s)
<jake2099>: (so you could do the diablerie)
<jake2099>: (if Manny sees a dude he knows to be maggie’s and some other guy kill Lacey, he’s not going to not assume it’s one of maggie’s)
<misteranthropy>: (yeah, he’s not bright enough to consider the possibility of it being someone else, i suppose)
<ell>: (I just want to KISS with the actual death. Aurelia is going to have to come up with it on the fly and it’s going to have to ring true for a couple vampires)
<misteranthropy>: we just need a flare of flame and dust to be left over afterword
<ell>: ok
<ell>: I’m set
<ell>: Aurelia is going to see if she can’t get a read on Lacey’s other companion
<thomamelas>: So BJ puts on a pyrotenkic’s show for Manny?
<jake2099>: ok, go for it, Ell, we’ll say you did this back at the club
<misteranthropy>: yeah, and flares flames up in the park whenever they try to get too close?
<thomamelas>: Works.
<misteranthropy>: 10d10h8 (Life + Gnosis + WP) Supreme Honing – Sinon will be boosting physical attributes ahead of time
<critical>: MisterAnthropy, (Life + Gnosis + WP) Supreme Honing – Sinon will be boosting physical attributes ahead of time: 3 [10d10h8=7,5,[10,5],1,3,[10,7],6,5,5,9]
<ell>: 9d10h8
<critical>: Ell, 9d10h8: 1 [9d10h8=4,5,6,6,4,7,1,7,8]
<ell>: ack
<ell>: contested resolve on her
<jake2099>: 4d10h8
<critical>: jake2099, 4d10h8: 0 [4d10h8=4,1,4,4]
<ell>: Alrigt gimme the dirt
<jake2099>: Her name is Lauren Gretz; she befriended Lacey when Lacey was a neonate and talked her into joining the Carthians. She knew that she was too plain and unpreposessing to lead the Carthians from in front, but she knew the Prince’s childe would be a celebrity and she’d have her ear. She gets annoyed that Lacey doesn’t listen to her enough.
<jake2099>: (she’s a would-be vizier, basically)
<jake2099>: (test!)
<misteranthropy>: here
<misteranthropy>: (Sinon will boost Stamina by 1 and Dex by 2)
<ell>: Aurelia is going to communicate to Lacey “Okay here’s the plan. Give me a cell number, in a half hour we’ll text you a short message. Excuse yourself. Tell Manny and Lauren you’re going to this location. Then head there immediately, We’ll be waiting to set things up. They’ll follow in time. Then leave the rest to us.”
<jake2099>: “….Okay, my number is 604-555-3931.”
<ell>: Aurelia giggles to herself
<jake2099>: (aurie is having way too much fun with this)
<ell>: Okay, set up time
<jake2099>: so where are you guys doing this deed?
<misteranthropy>: how about somewhere in stanley park?
<misteranthropy>: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Park
<misteranthropy>: maybe in an area affected by the storm in 2006?
<misteranthropy>: seems like it should be suitably creepy
<misteranthropy>: unless of course werewolves are there or something
<jake2099>: Nah, they’re on Bowen Island
<jake2099>: that looks perfect
<desc>: Oh, perfect.
<jake2099>: Okay, so
<jake2099>: Sinon has cast some spells in preparation. What all is going down while you guys wait?
<thomamelas>: BJ is going to take a moment to focus, and center himself.
<ell>: Aurelia speaks up. “Okay, BJ needs to set up the pyrotechnics. Eli, you’re in charge of timing. Make sure they arrive precisely when they need to.”
<ell>: Aurelia is going to prepare herself as well
<desc>: Eli nods and gets ready.
<jake2099>: (so it’s official, matt and alex are going to move in with cass and aaron. happy ending!)
<misteranthropy>: (i feel like i need to join PA so i know who you guys are talking about all the time)
<jake2099>: (doooo itttttt)
<jake2099>: (one of us one of etc etc etc)
<misteranthropy>: (gabba gabba)
<ell>: gnosis+mind+wp 9d10h8
<ell>: 9d10h8
<critical>: Ell, 9d10h8: 3 [9d10h8=4,5,7,[10,8],9,3,1,5,1]
<jake2099>: (short version is, our friend cass is finally escaping her abusive family and getting a place with her boyfriend. but the third person that was going to join them flaked out at literally the last minute and jeopardized it. but another couple we know are moving in instead so all is well)
<misteranthropy>: (that’s good!)
<misteranthropy>: (crazy abusive family, SUCKS.)
<jake2099>: (for real yo. I don’t know if you’ve heard much about my mom, but been there done that basically)
<ell>: ok, supreme augmentation
<shivahn>: (I’m really glad it all worked out for them. I was pretty worried.)
<misteranthropy>: (yeah, i think you’ve mentioned things a couple of times.)
<ell>: gonna add 2 dots to wits 1 dot to manipulation
<misteranthropy>: (and i had to commit my dad to osawatamie a couple of months ago)
<misteranthropy>: (whee!)
<thomamelas>: (Question. If I want to have a spell hang, do I need time for that or can I prep it to release it when I want it to go off?)
<ell>: (puts em both at 4)
<jake2099>: (whee good old osawatamie, I know it well)
<ell>: (with a time or fate trigger!)
<desc>: (Jake: I couldn’t really use a spell like Winds of Chance (p 150) or Shifting the Odds (p. 153 main book) to add insurance on their arrival timing without Space to bridge the distance, could I?)
<jake2099>: (yeah, adding time or fate can make it conditional)
<jake2099>: (….desc, I’ll say yes, because it can be a spell targeted at YOU to ensure you’re ready before they arrive)
<jake2099>: (by you I mean the uhh royal you)
<misteranthropy>: 5d10h8 (Mind + Gnosis) Sinon also casts Gain Skill to boost Subterfuge.
<critical>: MisterAnthropy, (Mind + Gnosis) Sinon also casts Gain Skill to boost Subterfuge.: 2 [5d10h8=5,9,6,8,7]
<thomamelas>: (Does conditional require a trigger or is it different when BJ just releases a spell?)
<misteranthropy>: (Usually spells that can be cast on you can be cast on others if you have the next level up in the arcana)
<ell>: (yep)
<misteranthropy>: (but conditional could be something like, those two vamps pass this point)
<ell>: Aurelia sets up in a hiding spot
<desc>: 7d10h8 using 1 dot willpower to insure that the marks arrive on time through a series of seemingly unrelated and trivial coincidences.
<critical>: desc, using 1 dot willpower to insure that the marks arrive on time through a series of seemingly unrelated and trivial coincidences.: 2 [7d10h8=1,8,1,5,3,[10,3],5]
<jake2099>: BAM
<jake2099>: I don’t know when I turned into Emeril the GM
<jake2099>: but I like it
<jake2099>: BAM
<jake2099>: BAM
<jake2099>: everyone ready?
<ell>: yep
<misteranthropy>: Sinon has taken on the form of Maggie’s toughest looking goon.
MisterAnthropy nods.
<thomamelas>: Finds a nice hiding spot. Holding the flare.
<desc>: Elithora draws a series of lines forced to maneuver abruptly around each other, all finishing at the same point. Looking satisfied, she folds the paper and hides it. Ready.
<ell>: Aurelia gives Lacey a thumbs up
<jake2099>: There’s a reply. “OMW
<jake2099>: About half an hour later, a 4Runner pulls up to the coordinates you gave Lacey. The doors open and the coterie emerges – Lacey, tall, and blonde in leather pants and a vest; Manny, dressed in black denim with an assortment of chains, sniffing the air warily, and Lauren, pale, wan, and cautious in a long coat.
<jake2099>: “Who’re we meeting here again?” Manny asked. “I smell somethin’…funny…”
<jake2099>: “Relax, Manny. It’s that deal I told you about, that locket the Ordo was interested in. Just keep watch.” She steps forward. “Hello?”
<ell>: 11d10h8 vs resolve at Lacey
<critical>: Ell, vs resolve at Lacey: 4 [11d10h8=4,9,9,[10,2],2,[10,5],6,3,3,1,2]
<misteranthropy>: (nice!)
<jake2099>: 4d10h8
<critical>: jake2099, 4d10h8: 1 [4d10h8=7,[10,4],7,4]
<jake2099>: You’re in, easily
<ell>: first: what is she thinking?!
<jake2099>: She had to invent a story on the fly for why she got a text and was suddenly leaving, so she told the others there was a deal in the offing and they came along
<jake2099>: She’s wondering if she isn’t going crazy or if this isn’t some nutty triple-cross.
<misteranthropy>: (okay, so time for operation: snatch and grab?)
<ell>: “You were supposed to leave them. There won’t be time to prepare you. This is not good Lacey. Follow the path, but don’t step on it.”
<thomamelas>: (Start with an illusion?)
<ell>: Time for that series of coincidences
<jake2099>: She steps forward and starts walking up the path.
<misteranthropy>: (Sinon will also have retrieved his Walther PPK and thus entered his Eye of Mars masque for 2 to firearms.)
<ell>: (Eye of Mars: the Crone Goon)
<jake2099>: (Damn, Sinon is buffed to hell)
<misteranthropy>: (yeah 9 dice for shooting… and i haven’t upped his firearms directly yet either)
<jake2099>: (hahahah)
<misteranthropy>: (i could always add in life-based gain skill)
<misteranthropy>: (and i think there is some spell to make skills rote-actions)
<jake2099>: (there is, it’s one of the 5-dots but I don’t remember which arcanum. possibly multiple ones)
<misteranthropy>: (so that would be 12
dice and re-roll non-successes)
<jake2099>: “Okay, I’m walking…” Lacey thinks at Aurelia. “Sorry I couldn’t get alone, but Lauren doesn’t trust me and Manny’s like a fuckin’ chaperone.”
<jake2099>: (hahahaha christ. originally mage rotes were going to be rote actions – I wonder if GMC might add that back in)
<desc>: Now that she’s approaching, Elithora tries subtly knitting certain invisible strands more tightly together. (Just winds of Chance which doesn’t have mechanical impact — more luck on our side.)
<desc>: 4d10h8
<critical>: desc, 4d10h8: 0 [4d10h8=5,3,2,2]
<desc>: (Oh well, that’s all the luck I could scrounge up already I guess!)
<thomamelas>: BJ prepares a forces compelling spell to smooth out the path of his bullets.
<thomamelas>: 5d10h8
<critical>: thomamelas, 5d10h8: 1 [5d10h8=4,7,1,1,[10,2]]
<misteranthropy>: (so are we doing the snatch and grab or just waiting for them to show? basically want to know if Sinon has to move ahead to get her and have elithora slow them down using fate and/or time)
<jake2099>: Lauren and Manny look at each other. “Everything all right, dear?” They begin following down the path, about twenty feet behind Lacey, watching around them and sniffing the air nervously.
<ell>: (The fate/time magic should work, right?)
<ell>: (Lacey gets ahead of them, gets into position, they show up at just the right time to see the ambush)
<desc>: (Eli can hit Manny with Chronos’ Curse if he tries to stop them. Vampires seeing one of their own moving at supernatural speed isn’t that unusual.)
<jake2099>: (There’s a corner coming up where she’ll be out of sight of them. What are you doing when she gets there?)
<misteranthropy>: (’Maggie’s Goon’ will be waiting to grab her there. Elihora can cast the spell and Sinon can shoot them if need be. Does that work for everyone?)
<jake2099>: Lacey’s approaching a park outbuilding, one of those places where equipment/snow plows/etc are stored. The path curves around it. “Hello?” she thinks to Aurelia.
<thomamelas>: (Works.)
<ell>: “You’re about to be grabbed. Act the part, please.”
<jake2099>: “Okay, I can do that.” Her mocking humor of earlier is gone – she’s genuinely wary and wondering if this was a bad idea. (If you guys were really trying to kill her this would be perfect, after all)
<thomamelas>: (If we wanted her dead, then just having Eli hold her still while we put a shotgun against her head would be so much easier.)
<ell>: ((heehee <3><misteranthropy>: As Lacey rounds the corner, Sinon reaches out to grab her arm in a lock.
<jake2099>: She follows the path’s curve around the corner of the storage building. “We’re meeting them right back here, guys,” she says. Then Sinon grabs her.
<ell>: “And action! You’re doing fine, Lacey.”
<jake2099>: “AAAh! What the fuck! What is this?!”
<jake2099>: Manny rushes forward! “God DAMN it! I knew somethin’ was up!”
<misteranthropy>: Sinon takes off, dragging Lacey with him. “The blood of royalty shall sate the Crone! I thaw been foretold!”
<ell>: (I thaw?)
<misteranthropy>: it has
<misteranthropy>: blerg
<desc>: 6d10h8 Chronos’ Curse. Not so fast, Manuel.
<critical>: desc, Chronos’ Curse. Not so fast, Manuel.: 1 [6d10h8=2,3,6,1,8,2]
<misteranthropy>: (he is a non-native english speaker, maybe?)
<desc>: wait, sorry
<jake2099>: wat up desc
<desc>: (it says I should subtract target’s composure.)
<jake2099>: (ah yes, and his blood potency (their version of gnosis)). His composure is 3 and blood potency is 2
<ell>: Aurelia is going to try and ease up later rolls right now by making the two more susceptible to suggestion
<jake2099>: go for it, ell
<ell>: ((Are you sure blood potency = gnosis?))
<desc>: (dang, so 1 die? I had better willpower a second time.)
<ell>: (I’m pretty sure that power stats are not communicative)
<ell>: Oh wait, no I can’t. I have to grab him first
<jake2099>: (ok ell)
<desc>: 4d10h8 chronos’ curse + 1 willpower on Manny
<critical>: desc, chronos’ curse + 1 willpower on Manny: 1 [4d10h8=7,5,8,2]
<ell>: (I’m looking up on blood potency though. I’m pretty sure Gnosis means Gnosis not “supernatural power stat of any description”)
<desc>: (oh.)
<jake2099>: (the supernatural conflict sidebar says it’s addressed in their games. mages DO get gnosis vs a discipline, for instance
<jake2099>: (but
<jake2099>: (it’s only on contested rolls and not resisted. so desc you’re just at 3)
<desc>: (oh. okay. LAST TIME FOR REAL! No willpower, fuck it we’ll do it live, etc.)
<desc>: 3d10h8
<critical>: desc, 3d10h8: 2 [3d10h8=2,8,8]
<thomamelas>: (Nice.)
<ell>: (where is supernatural conflict sidebar?)
<desc>: Manny has the unreal sense of moving through water. The unknown kidnapper grabs Lacey like a 33 RPM record at 45.
<jake2099>: Manny’s eyes widen as his movement sloooowwwws
<ell>: (ooh ok. Looking that up in V:TR)
<jake2099>: (page 122 ell)
<jake2099>: (but I can’t find in V:TR where it mentions awakened magic)
<ell>: (114 in V:TR)
<misteranthropy>: (in any case, only one of the two is affected by the spell, right?)
<ell>: (and yes: contested add potency, resisted do not)
<jake2099>: (correct, it’s Manny)
<ell>: (general rule!)
<desc>: (only manny -
the blurb describing the spell says that they see the rest of the world accelerating. in reality the rest of us are just at normal speed.)
<misteranthropy>: While dragging Lacey, Sinon raises his pistol to fire at the other vampire.
<misteranthropy>: (don’t know if you want initiatives first or not)
<jake2099>: So he’s going to take 2 rounds to get to Sinon and Lacey. Lauren is busy conjuring up some shadows, pools of which are beginning to circle around her.
<desc>: (‘water’ might be overstating it - it’s not a forces spell affecting drag or gravity. I just mean ‘like a dream where you can’t run normal-like.‘)
<jake2099>: And yes, let’s roll for initiative!
<misteranthropy>: 1d10+8
<ell>: 1d10+4
<critical>: MisterAnthropy, 1d10+8: 13 [1d10=5]
<critical>: Ell, 1d10+4: 5 [1d10=1]
<jake2099>: Manny: 1d10+4
<ell>: (yuck)
<thomamelas>: 1d10+6
<critical>: thomamelas, 1d10+6: 13 [1d10=7]
<jake2099>: 1d10+4 Manny
<critical>: jake2099, Manny: 7 [1d10=3]
<jake2099>: 1d10+6 Lauren
<desc>: 1d10+5
<critical>: desc, 1d10+5: 6 [1d10=1]
<critical>: jake2099, Lauren: 7 [1d10=1]
<desc>: (yuck #2)
<ell>: (Critical!)
<jake2099>: hahaha what a weird series of rolls. Okay, Sinon, then BJ, then Manny, then Eli, then Lauren, then Aurie
<jake2099>: Sinon’s up!
<misteranthropy>: 12d10h8 (Dex+Firearms+WP) Sinon takes a shot at Lauren
-focusing intently.
<critical>: MisterAnthropy, (Dex+Firearms+WP) Sinon takes a shot at Lauren—focusing intently.: 3 [12d10h8=7,6,4,5,3,4,6,5,8,8,2,9]
<misteranthropy>: (although i should subtract defense, yes?)
<misteranthropy>: (or no? don’t think i’ve actually done a full on combat yet—missed the one against the seers)
<ell>: (just lay it out Jake: their defense resolve and composure scores)
<jake2099>: yeah 1 sec, typing it out
<desc>: (if anyone happens to attack manny he’s at 2 defense but only for 1 turn)
<misteranthropy>: (just checked, firearms = no defense)
<jake2099>: Manny D0 R3 C1 Lauren D2 R3 C3
<jake2099>: (I always forget that about firearms. shows how often we do guns )
<misteranthropy>: (so 3 successes + 2 base from the gun)
<misteranthropy>: (
armor)
<ell>: (5 lethal, ouuuch)
<jake2099>: His jacket stops 1 bashing, the rest go through. He staggers back as the shots hit him squarelly in the chest.
<ell>: (him?)
<misteranthropy>: (that was against lauren)
<misteranthropy>: (since kindred magic = do not want)
<jake2099>: Oh whoops I missed that. Okay, yeah, she’s uhhh not doing hot (that was most of her health)
<jake2099>: She falls to one knee and her Discipline-in-progress fizzles. “Aaah -!”
<jake2099>: Manny looks back at her in slow motion. It’s a bit like a bad movie. “Noooooooo~”
<jake2099>: BJ!
<thomamelas>: Pops the flare. A ring of fire would take some extended casting but since Manny is looking away anyway….
<thomamelas>: 5d10h8 Using the fire from the flare to send a fireball near Manny. Close enough to feel the flame, not so much to send him to Vamp hell.
<critical>: thomamelas, Using the fire from the flare to send a fireball near Manny. Close enough to feel the flame, not so much to send him to Vamp hell.: 3 [5d10h8=8,4,8,8,1]
<jake2099>: Ok, so you’re just trying to freak him out?
<ell>: (we don’t want them to flee yet!)
<jake2099>: (Manny’s fleeing will take a while )
<thomamelas>: (We don’t? Can I take that back then?)
<jake2099>: sure!
<thomamelas>: Just going to put a bullet in him then.
<ell>: (They need to witness first. A kidnapping is… precisely what is happening. They need to see an execution)
<thomamelas>: 7d10h8 (Firearms + Dex + 1 from the forces spell.)
<critical>: thomamelas, (Firearms + Dex + 1 from the forces spell.): 3 [7d10h8=7,9,5,6,4,8,9]
<jake2099>: Ok!
<ell>: (damn my terrible initiative roll)
<jake2099>: he takes 2 smashing from the bullet. “Sooon offff aaa biiiii” his voice drags.
<jake2099>: For his turn, Manny is running at Lacey and Sinon.
<jake2099>: Elithora!
<desc>: (is it me, or Lauren?)
<jake2099>: it’s you
<jake2099>: you’re the time mage and she’s been shot
<desc>: Elithora traces an X in the air between herself and the rapidly-darkening Lauren. (Evil Eye)
<desc>: 4d10h8
<critical>: desc, 4d10h8: 1 [4d10h8=6,[10,6],7,5]
<desc>: (Lousy. -1 die to her next action, whatever it is.)
<jake2099>: that helps!
<desc>: (no, sorry. -2 die to the next action. it’s -my faet.)
<desc>: (I always mix them up. -Fate, successes = number of actions)
<ell>: (so she’s operating at -2 and -wound penalties)
<jake2099>: She’s diving for cover and spending a blood to heal some of the bashing.
<jake2099>: She’s too smart to keep running at 2+ people with guns.
<jake2099>: Aurelia!
<jake2099>: Manny is speeding up at Chronos’ Curse wears off, and Lauren has rolled into a bush. Sinon “has” Lacey and he and BJ are pointing their guns down range.
<ell>: Aurelia from her hiding spot is going to cast a Hallucination on both of the vampires
<jake2099>: ok!
<jake2099>: is this contested or resisted?
<ell>: 7d10h8 (Gnosis+Mind+WP-2 targets) vs Resolve+BP
<critical>: Ell, (Gnosis+Mind+WP-2 targets) vs Resolve+BP: 3 [7d10h8=7,6,7,8,2,[10,3],[10,3]]
<jake2099>: 5d10h8 Manny
<critical>: jake2099, Manny: 0 [5d10h8=2,3,4,1,6]
<jake2099>: 4d10h8 Lauren
<critical>: jake2099, Lauren: 0 [4d10h8=3,2,7,2]
<jake2099>: they are hallucinating!
<ell>: Alright! I have 3 senses to work with so they see hear and smell
<ell>: the following
<ell>: First they DON’T smell the mages but rather they recognize the people they see as vampires
<ell>: Then the Crone played by Sinon drops Lacey: steps back and begins chanting
<ell>: Suddenly she bursts into flame! the screams are unbearable! the smell of burning flesh is overwhelming! It takes no time at all for her to be completely consumed by the flames
<jake2099>: Ok! Is there anything else

<ell>: there will be!
<ell>: Duration: 1 scene
<ell>:
<misteranthropy>: (they be trippin’ all night long)
<misteranthropy>: (remind me not to piss off the mind mage)
<jake2099>: (hahaha gat dang)
<ell>: I control the horizontal. I control the vertical!
<jake2099>: So I assume that with this you are erasing real Lacey from their sensorium?
<ell>: So long as they don’t lick or grab anything
<ell>: yep
<jake2099>: Cool, okay
<jake2099>: Sinon’s turn!
<ell>: Real Lacey is gone. “Okay, run north, Lacey! Great scene!”
<jake2099>: Manny is screaming “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
<jake2099>: Lacey runs where Aurelia is directing her.
<misteranthropy>: Sinon goes back and grabs a couple of gallon bags full of ashes and scatters some of it around. He then turns to head away from the vamps as quickly as possible.
<jake2099>: So Ell, how are the “murderers” making their getaway? As it stands they think Lacey is dead but her killers are here. Are you cloaking yourselves?
<misteranthropy>: (that’s what I thought was happening… err)
<jake2099>: (well, she had them see vampires and not mages)
<misteranthropy>: okay, some edits then:
<jake2099>: (but if they think you guys are vamps they will try and fight you, or at least manny will)
<ell>: Only the vampires are visible, and I’m controlling their movements. not-Sinon growls at them and shouts "That one’s for Maggie! then starts running away… in the opposite direction we are.
<ell>: right, what they see are shadow puppets, essentially. Moving from practical effects to better than the best CGI here
<jake2099>: Ok, cool! So no worries about making your getaway, then. Man. You just totally took them out of the fight.
<ell>: not-BJ scrambles, moving in a different direction that also isn’t the one we’re running to ourselves.
<misteranthropy>: (Sinon pulls out his phone and catches up on e-mails while two crazed vampires run off screaming…)
<jake2099>: Ok! In that case, having scattered some ashes and made the most leisurely getaway ever, you reunite with Lacey deeper into the park. She’s never actually seen you guys before – are you keeping disguises up, or Mindi’ing her, or what?
<ell>: Lacey has totally seen us before
<misteranthropy>: (she saw BJ and Aurelia - Sinon was somewhat disguised.)
<ell>: Aurelia isn’t disguised at all. “Okay, let’s get going. We need to get you to Maggie for real now. And hopefully no more double crosses.”
<thomamelas>: BJ is going to experiment. He’s going to make himself invisible.
<thomamelas>: 5d10h8
<critical>: thomamelas, 5d10h8: 0 [5d10h8=7,1,7,6,2]
<thomamelas>: Apparently not with success.
<jake2099>: BJ folds his arms over his chest and announces “I Have Mage Invisibility on, you can’t see me”
<jake2099>: (ohh larping)
<thomamelas>: (I am shamed.)
<desc>: (lul)
<jake2099>: Lacey is laughing when you group up with her. “Ohhh, Manny. He cares so much. It’s kind of sad. If you fooled Lauren, you’ll have everyone else believing it. She’s one of those quiet, watchful types.”
<jake2099>: Who’s driving with her? What are the transit arrangements here?
<ell>: Aurelia smiles. “Good. Unless they decide to lick your ashes, it should hold up.”
<ell>: Aurie has been riving and will continue to?
<misteranthropy>: Sinon is definitely going along
-he wants to make sure things go down according to plan.
<thomamelas>: Wants to see this through. Is going to go with them.
<jake2099>: Ok, so Aurelia driving – taking Lacey with her? The other three in the back, or in their own cars?
<desc>: (I honestly don’t remember the set up with cars. If we took multiple cars, Eli can drive one while everyone else takes the other?)
<jake2099>: )that works. my main concern is if anyone is riding alone iwth Lacey. because /vampires/)
<misteranthropy>: (I thought we all took one. A 4-door sedan should hold all of us.)
<misteranthropy>: (i am picturing uncomfortable drives with a vampire)
<jake2099>: (yeah, it looks like you all rode together last time)
<misteranthropy>: (like, is she in the middle in the backseat?)
<misteranthropy>: (awkward)
<ell>: (Right, the woman who just died is not going to drive)
<thomamelas>: Takes one of the door seats. Gesturing for Lacey to sit in the back and middle.
<desc>: (awwwwkward for sure)
<misteranthropy>: Sinon takes the other side in the back.
<thomamelas>: Not that BJ doesn’t trust her, but he doesn’t trust her.
<jake2099>: And yeah, you all are in Aurelia’s car
<jake2099>: So the vampire girl in the back with the two hardened killers, and the mystagogues up front. Sounds like a party!
<misteranthropy>: (just picture the arguments over the radio)
<desc>: (i’m seeing an solid 2 minute long take where the group is just sitting in silent in a dark car. all the audience sees is lights going by. at the 2 minute mark, someone clears their throat. then silence and they keep driving.)
<jake2099>: Secret vampire wisdom: there is a hidden station that plays nothing but VNV Nation 24-7
<jake2099>: desc: yessssssssssss
<misteranthropy>: (although I think BJ wins any radio argument, seeing as he can control radio waves)
<jake2099>: (good point)
<misteranthropy>: (desc’s thing is totally going in the writeup)
<jake2099>: (I agree. It’s officially canon)
<thomamelas>: (Is pretty sure the rest of the group doesn’t want to hear classical music and opera.)
<jake2099>: You head south to Granville Island. The island in recent years has become an artsy neighborhood, with (comparatively) inexpensive living spaces upstairs from gallerias and bistros. There’s a small city park there, just a block square, and Maggie asked you to meet her underling there.
<ell>: Aurelia is totally chatting up Lacey in her head
<ell>: “So uh… What do you usually do?”
<jake2099>: “Bite people and drink their blood. It feels incredible, you know. There’s nothing like it in the world – not that you’d know, square girl.”
<desc>: (oh shi)
<shivahn>: (Hm? Assuming you mean “Shi” and not “Shit”, what’s up?)
<jake2099>: (desc you are a summoner)
<ell>: “Hey… I’m not… I mean… I’m not that square.”
<desc>: (vamp girl is calling aurie out as a square)
<jake2099>: (hello Shivahn )
<desc>: (i meant oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit no she did not)
<shivahn>: (Damn! I am embarassed now! Thanks, DESC )
<shivahn>: (And hey jake! I am enjoying watching quietly.)
<jake2099>: “Yeah, uh, the Civic we’re riding in says otherwise. You can get people to believe whatever you want them to and you chose to have them believe you’re a college student with thirty k of debt. Whee.”
<misteranthropy>: (oh snap)
<thomamelas>: Watches the Vampire intently. Looking for any subtle movements or motions.
<jake2099>: Thom, BJ sees her crack a cruel grin periodically. Her eyes never leave the back of Aurie’s head.
<ell>: “I’m not a college student! It’s economical.” Aurelia is losing a bit of control, just projecting her own insecurity straight to Lacey
<ell>: (you wanna make a roll for this?)
<jake2099>: (what kind?)
<ell>: (whatever Lacey’s trying to do socially vs Aurie’s composure or resolve or whatever)
<misteranthropy>: (just a heads up that i will need to wrap things up in ~20-30 minutes)
<thomamelas>: Watches that grin. Looks to Sinon, a bit of question in his face.
<jake2099>: (ok! We’re almost done. Ell, I’ll pm you)
<misteranthropy>: Sinon looks at Lacey and then at Aurelia. “Do I need to tap your… conversation?”
<misteranthropy>: (he can’t actually do this… yet)
<jake2099>: You pull into the parking lot of the park. Like a lot of parks in gentrified areas, it’s been tricked-out with “period” lighting, bike paths, exercise equipment and a dog run. A middle-aged woman in a tie-dyed shirt sits on a bench and lookst at you significantly as you approach.
<thomamelas>: Taking a moment before the car stops, plucks one of Lacy’s hairs.
<jake2099>: “….owwww! What the fuck?! I don’t get those back, you know!”
<jake2099>: She seems genuinely discomfited for the first time.
<misteranthropy>: Sinon opens the door to the car and steps out, waiting for Lacey.
<jake2099>: 7d10h8
<critical>: jake2099, 7d10h8: 1 [7d10h8=3,5,2,1,4,8,7]
<thomamelas>: Steps out of the car, looking to Sinon. “Are all of the Vampires in Vancouver so ill informed?”
<jake2099>: Lacey gets out, rubbing her head angrily, and follows Sinon. “Ah, that’s Sapphire,” she says.
<ell>: 5d10h8
<critical>: Ell, 5d10h8: 3 [5d10h8=8,6,9,8,6]
<thomamelas>: Takes a magazine out of his jacket pocket and wraps the hair around it before putting it back in his pocket.
<ell>: Aurelia steps out of the car. “God that was pathetic. Bite me, Lacey.”
<misteranthropy>: Sinon steps up to Sapphire and motions toward Lacey. As the two vampires prepare to leave, “By the way, if Maggie would be so magnanimous—I would like to observe Shaw’s disgrace.” A second later. “From a distance.”
<desc>: “Be careful what you wish for …”
<jake2099>: The other vampire stands as she sees you, and approaches. “Ahhh, excellent. Word is already circulating about what you did. The Prince is furious. If you wish to watch, Mage, Maggie can arrange for it. It is the least she can do, after all.”
<jake2099>: Lacey steps forward with a grimace. “And I guess now I get a few days of listening to wiccan sermons. It beats the True Death, I guess, but not by much….”
<ell>: Aurelia rolls her eyes. “Yeah well you deserve it, bitch.”
<misteranthropy>: “I look forward to seeing the Lancea bastard humbled.” Sinon nods at the Crone and at Lacey before beginning to head back toward the car.
<jake2099>: Sapphire chuckles a bit at Aurelia’s retort. “I believe that concludes our business.” She hands Sinon the card of a local import/export business. “You may reach Miss Fang…after hours. She considers herself in your debt and prefers to have such things settled quickly.”
<ell>: “Excellent.”
<jake2099>: The two vampires walk away.
<jake2099>: What next? Is Sinon calling Shaw?
<ell>: (quick! in-car telepathic convo addendum!)
<misteranthropy>: Sinon looks at his cabal mates. “Now that the deed is done, I believe I need to arrange to receive my payment.”
<jake2099>: (shoot, ell!)
<ell>: “Wait… oh my god you’re negging me. What the fuck!”
<jake2099>: (hahahahhahaha)
<jake2099>: (next she was going to try “kitten kisses”)
<misteranthropy>: He steps away from the others, and gets a burner phone he left in the car. He calls Shaw.
<misteranthropy>: (hahaha)
<jake2099>: “This is Mr. Shaw.”
<misteranthropy>: “The bitch is dead.”
<misteranthropy>: (why not ripoff casino royale?)
<ppups>: (for reals… you’re the bondest character in the game, so…)
<jake2099>: (yessss)
<jake2099>: “….So I’ve been informed. You are as capable as you led me to believe, and as I know better than to further tempt the anger of wizards, I have the item standing by to be delivered immediately wherever you wish. I trust that will give satisfaction?”
<ell>: (addendum part two) “Oh come on. Seriously? That’s just embarrassing. I’m done here.” Aurelia cuts off the telepathic connection
<ell>: (sorry for the extra editing that’s going to take)
<misteranthropy>: “Indeed it will. I will text you a mail box number at YRC.”
<jake2099>: (no worries, we are quite adept at slicing and dicing time at this point)
<thomamelas>: Goes to Aur. “Are you alright?”
<ppups>: (if someone has logs i would love to catch up)
<misteranthropy>: Sinon hangs up and sends the number.
<jake2099>: “Very well. Whether you realize or care, Mr. Sinon, you’ve done the Kindred of this city a great service. Good night.” He hangs up.
<jake2099>: (you bet, pups, 1 sec)
<ppups>: (lol lol actually he fucked u all over lol)
<misteranthropy>: Sinon walks back to join the others. “It looks as though Shaw bought it. I am going to the airport.”
<jake2099>: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/at-the-edge-of-all-things/wikis/raw-log-session-020
<ell>: Aurelia just rolls her eyes. “That bitch was so desperate to get in my pants or neck or whatever she was pulling dumb pick-up artist crap. I mean, I can read her fucking mind!”
<ppups>: (thanks jake2099 u r much more helpful than desc >)
<misteranthropy>: (oh, i will be son unhappy if he doesn’t get executed)
<jake2099>: Does Sinon want to take everyone to the airport with him?
<thomamelas>: “Sometimes Monsters are just that, no matter how much myth is built up around them. Although she was a rather pathetic example.” Turning to Sinon "Let us know how it goes. "
<misteranthropy>: Sinon looks over at Aurelia, undecided as to whether he should scold her or comfort her. He looks over at Elithora. “Thanks.”
<misteranthropy>: (i figure we can handle him picking the mask up via cutscene/montage?)
<ell>: “I hope she gets roasted. To think I went so far out of my way… uuuurgh.” Aurelia just stamps her foot.
<desc>: “Maybe she just has good taste in blood types?”
<jake2099>: (Sounds good! And it really is the mask, btw. No fake or bomb in a box or anything)
<misteranthropy>: (okay then, i ail write something u for the log—creativity cells are shutting down on me now)
<jake2099>: (haha I know the feeling!)
<misteranthropy>: (i figure the rest of the cabal might need to sleep too)
<ell>: “I’m glad we could get that stuff together for Sinon, at least.”
<jake2099>: Man, so tuesday we gonna get two new cabal members, basicaly
<thomamelas>: Wait, two?
<jake2099>: Goldman and Sinon 2.0
<thomamelas>: Ah
<jake2099>: Sinon is going to be the Darren of the chronicle
<ppups>: how differetn is sinon going to be
<ppups>: he said he was still gonna be a thrysus
<ppups>: is his personality gonna change?
<thomamelas>: Same memories new personality or completely new?
<misteranthropy>: yeah, i hope i can pull off some personality differences
<misteranthropy>: he has basically been running around without most of the last 5-10 years worth of memories
<ell>: sweet
<desc>: iiiiinteresting
<ell>: also more girltalk fodder
<misteranthropy>: so… new virtue… new vice… less field-work focused (still capable though)
<desc>: (ell: scene this week? tomorrow night?)
<ell>: (sounds good!)
<misteranthropy>: I will say also, that in the next day or two each of the cabal finds a package waiting at their respective jobs/offices…
<misteranthropy>: Which I will describe before we get rolling next time, because I need to get to bed
<thomamelas>: Have a good night.
<jake2099>: You too!
<jake2099>: er
<jake2099>: To Justin
<jake2099>: but you also, Thom
<thomamelas>: I meant to Justin.
<thomamelas>: I actually had something I wanted to talk to you about.
<misteranthropy>: hahaha
<jake2099>: go for it! I’m not going anywhere
<desc>: right on. mr. a do you want me to post-ify this so far and you can just edit the post on the obsidian page to put your epilogue?
<misteranthropy>: i was going to combine this with last session since most of this was us hashing out plans
<ell>: night Justin
<misteranthropy>: but if you want to start, go right ahead
<misteranthropy>: also Jake – don’t forget to award XP for this story!
<desc>: K. If you want to go for it I can work on Eli’s sidestory anyway. Divide and conquer.
<thomamelas>: I was reading on the RPG.net boards and they brought up hedge wizards. And Ell mentioned blood magic and all of that kind of percolated in my head.
<misteranthropy>: sounds like a plan
<desc>: you do this/last and I will do eli, eli+aure.
<jake2099>: and yes, 2 xp all around!
<jake2099>: for tonight’s session
<jake2099>: and Justin gets an additional 4
<ell>: what about the previous sessions?
<jake2099>: I need to go back and look
<jake2099>: I’ll have it all up to date tonight
<thomamelas>: None of the BJ’s side quest have really shown him doing his Arrow business. And this is a horror setting….
<jake2099>: so what were you thinking about hedge magic, thom?
<misteranthropy>: alright all – gonna go for reals now – g’night!
<thomamelas>: I was thinking about a cult practicing human sacrifice to power their hedge magic.
<jake2099>: I like that!
<jake2099>: and we can totally do it
<jake2099>: maybe a buddy cop thing with another Arrow
<jake2099>: (and he will be sarcastic and played by young Tom Hanks )
<desc>: yesss
<thomamelas>: Right. BJ has done political arrow stuff. And personal stuff but never really Arrow business stuff. And I swear to god Jake, if there is a fucking dog, I will end you.
<jake2099>: hahahaha
<jake2099>: no I was thinking of Dragnet, not Turner & Hooch
<thomamelas>: I can live with Joe Friday.

Raw Log - Session 020

At the Edge of All Things jacobkosh