Raw Log - Session 017

[19:25] <jacobkosh> So! It’s the night of the afternoon that Minerva visited the Sanctum, and the Free Council is throwing a party/political gathering at Ankh. Every mage in the city has gotten xeroxed flyers about it on bright purple paper.
[19:26] <jacobkosh> Sinon says to offer his regrets that he isn’t able to attend, and heads through a bookshelf to his attic workspace, apparently planning to pass the evening in solitude.
[19:28] <ell> (btw guys we should all play fiasco)
[19:29] <jacobkosh> So whatcha all doing? Who is going, and when, and how fabulous do you look?
[19:30] <ell> (holy shit Argentinian pope)
[19:30] <ell> (Italian-Argentinian, BUT IT STILL COUNTS)
01[19:30] <thomamelas> Is there wearing a dark suit. Grey shirt and black tie. His shoes gleam. Will be there fashionably late. Hasn’t forgotten that much.
[19:31] <desc> Do we get the impression this is dressy or should we be like, cool and casual and we’re pumping jams till dawn.
[19:32] <ell> Aurelia is going with Elithora. She has almost certainly had her wardrobe picked out by her.
[19:32] <jacobkosh> The last time BJ was at Ankh he had to use Forces to dim the sound to have a conversation, if that says anything
[19:33] <jacobkosh> the flyer says there will be beats by DJ TLON UQBAR
[19:33] <ell> I give you a challenge, desc: describe things Aurelia probably owns that would look good on her!
01[19:33] <thomamelas> (It’s a dance club. I assume dress to impress.)
[19:36] <ell> (Also he’s a Jesuit. :D)
[19:36] <desc> Elithora is touching up makeup. She’s a terrible dancer but nonetheless is wearing a cute-casual dress and dance-able flats rather than heels. She has apparently dedicated herself to the idea of dancing as a pending social necessity.
[19:37] <desc> (I am way too tired and spacey to have a good theory about Aurelia’s clothes. She should just wear jeans, sneakers, and an adorbz hoodie but in a moment of inspiration, her hoodie drawstring and shoelaces are matching intense pink or blue shoelaces.)
01[19:37] <thomamelas> (Or the classic LBD.)
[19:38] <jacobkosh> (would aurelia know to have an LBD?)
[19:39] <ell> (Aurelia has an LBD, but I’m going with what Desc said because the challenge was as much for me :P)
[19:39] <desc> As a straight dude I would totally notice any woman on a dancefloor who had coordinated strings. It might be a winning look for her.
01[19:39] <thomamelas> Is looking for a mage. A matter mage who can make things with a great deal of skill.
[19:42] <jacobkosh> On the dancefloor?
01[19:42] <thomamelas> Well in a nook or at a table. Is here on business of sorts.
[19:44] <ell> Aurelia hangs about behind Eli. “Are you sure this isn’t too casual? I mean, I look like kinda a teenager.”
[19:45] <jacobkosh> Well, let me lay the table here for ell and desc, since their dudes haven’t been. Ankh is in Burnaby, east of downtown, and it’s on the second floor of old commercial space in a neighborhood that’s being gentrified. The windows are papered over black, the stairs leading up are really steep and narrow and old-fashioned, and the club is Egyptian in decor.
[19:45] <jacobkosh> There are Pharoah-headdress shapes everywhere, and the waitresses wear short white cotton skirts with Egyptian headwear.
[19:46] <desc> “But cool people don’t have to try hard, so if you’re casual you must be cool. You look like you came to dance.”
[19:46] <jacobkosh> The music is loud and fast
[19:46] <ell> “But I’m not cool…”
[19:47] <jacobkosh> thom, give me presence + socialize to see how lucky you are in your hunt
[19:47] <jacobkosh> desc, I have a mission for you. what would an overeducated mage in 2012 play in a nightclub?
01[19:48] <thomamelas> 4d10h8
[19:48] <critical> thomamelas, 4d10h8: 0 [4d10h8=2,2,4,1]
[19:48] <jacobkosh> the kind of person who would name themselves DJ TLON UQBAR?
01[19:48] <thomamelas> (There will be wubs.)
[19:49] <desc> Probably something obnoxious, like the only existing copy of a field recording of hungarian peasants singing in a remote village on one turntable and the new Autechre record backwards on the other.
[19:49] <desc> If not that, probably really nerdy 80s patiches or something.
[19:50] <jacobkosh> hahaha excellent
[19:50] <desc> Maybe the music beatmatches differently depending on whether you’re using Time magic.
[19:50] <jacobkosh> oooh that would be rad
[19:50] <jacobkosh> infra-sound
[19:51] <jacobkosh> ultra-rhythm
[19:51] <jacobkosh> Thom, BJ asks around but has trouble making himself understood WITH EVERYONE TALKING LIKE THIS
[19:51] <jacobkosh> He does eventually learn that Forge is the best Matter dude around but isn’t here and wouldn’t be caught dead at a party like this
[19:52] <jacobkosh> Ell, what is Aurelia up to?
[19:52] <jacobkosh> aside from being not-cool?
[19:53] <ell> Aurelia is trailing after Elithora like a lost puppy
[19:53] <ell> This is not her scene at all
[19:54] <ell> She’s also looking over the crowd for familiar faces to latch onto
[19:55] <desc> Elithora is confidently leading Aurie to the dancefloor. However, despite her confidence and however uncool Aurie thinks she is, Elithora dances like a complete and utter dork. She has absolutely no rhythm whatsoever.
[19:56] <jacobkosh> rolling on the Random Party Encounter Table!
[19:56] <jacobkosh> I actually made this
[19:56] <jacobkosh> 1d10
[19:56] <critical> jacobkosh, 1d10: 2 [1d10=2]
01[19:57] <thomamelas> (A critical failure drops you into the Key and Peele LFAMO parody.)
[19:57] <desc> (noooo)
[19:58] <desc> (I demand this furniture for our cabal clubhouse: http://io9.com/glitch-furniture-makes-your-bedroom-look-like-its-malf-453597584 )
[19:58] <jacobkosh> Desc, Ell, a guy in his late-40s, curly blonde hair, professorial – with leather patches, even – steps up to you. He’s holding a bongo. “The ladies of the Searchers!” He bows. “It’s a real pleasure. I’m Arcimboldi.”
[19:59] <jacobkosh> (OH MY GOD)
[20:00] <desc> Elithora leans closer. “WHAT? HI.”
[20:02] <jacobkosh> He smiles widely. “HI! PAHU DRUMS! WANT TO TRY?” He slides the heavy drum off his shoulders and onto Elithora. “THIS ONE’S EIGHTY YEARS OLD!”
[20:02] <ell> Aurelia looks around, then turns to the guy. “HELLO, UM, WHAT?”
[20:03] <jacobkosh> He turns to Aurelia. “I WANT TO INTRODUCE YOU TO A FRIEND OF MINE!” He takes Aurelia’s shoulder and points into a clump of people orbiting Valentina. “HEY JESSICA! HAVE YOU MET MY FRIEND AURELIA?”
[20:04] <desc> Elithora holds the drum awkwardly and tries to tap it quietly. The music, her head bob, and the drum are clearly not related in any way.
[20:05] <jacobkosh> Valentina waves at Aurelia and Elithora. She steps forward as Arcimboldi waves her toward you. “I WORK ON THE SHOW,” he explains.
01[20:06] <thomamelas> Looks around, half hoping Friday is here. But somewhat making his way towards his cabal mates.
[20:06] <jacobkosh> let’s see who you find, thom
[20:06] <jacobkosh> 1d10
[20:06] <critical> jacobkosh, 1d10: 9 [1d10=9]
[20:06] <ell> Aurelia blushes and looks like she’s about to crawl into her hoodie and hide “OH UH, WE’VE UM, WE’VE MET. HI.”
[20:07] <jacobkosh> 9! PARTY SAVE! Thom, you do something showy and impressive that gets people’s attention and prevents a PARTY FOUL! What is it?
[20:07] <jacobkosh> it can be magical, mundane, whatever
01[20:08] <thomamelas> A pair of young men were getting a bit rowdy. Shame the damn floor was so slippery. Almost frictionless.
[20:09] <jacobkosh> yesss perfect!
[20:09] <jacobkosh> A waitress shoots you a look of infinite gratitude.
[20:09] <jacobkosh> Then you join the others.
[20:10] <jacobkosh> Valentina smiles widely at the ladies. “OH MY GOD, HI! YOU MADE IT, I’M SO GLAD! ARCHE’S BEEN TELLING ME ALL ABOUT YOU.” Arcimboldi looks away, slightly embarrassed.
[20:12] <desc> Eli shifts the weight of the drum and waves with her left hand. “Hi Valentina!”
[20:13] <jacobkosh> Arcimboldi smiles at the new arrival. “Ah, yes, Blackjack, isn’t it! Welcome! How are you finding our little gathering so far?”
01[20:14] <thomamelas> Nods to the ladies. Has been working on his forces and is merely influencing sound away from his ears. “To be honest, I prefer jazz. But the company seems pleasant enough.”
[20:14] <ell> Aurelia looks around nervously. “He um… he has?”
[20:17] <jacobkosh> Arcimboldi nods. “Glad to hear it, sport! I’m told you’re a brother in academe. It’s good for us to let our hair down, right? Keeps the brain meats loose and limber.” He looks at Aurelia. “Oh, I’ve just been passing on all the interesting things I hear about your cabal. You’ve all made a big impression on us!”
[20:18] <jacobkosh> Valentina nods. “Archie’s being modest as usual. He only joined Lost Island a couple months ago but he’s already been invaluable. He keeps us up to date with everything happening out in…” she waves a hand. “…this world.”
01[20:20] <thomamelas> Makes a polite nod of agreement at Arcimboldi. Doesn’t care much for him for some reason.
[20:22] <ell> Aurelia is looking curiously at Valentina, not quite getting it. “Um…?”
[20:22] <jacobkosh> Arcimboldi smiles at BJ, raising an inquisitive eyebrow, as if he’s guessed the Arrow’s reaction. He leans in. “Ladies, I hate to pahu and run, but some urgent business has just come up. Valentina, tell the girls about that crazy note we got last week.” He sidles off, into the crowd.
[20:23] <jacobkosh> He has left his drum with Elithora.
[20:23] <desc> Elithora watches him go. “But …”
[20:24] <jacobkosh> (hahahaha)
[20:25] <jacobkosh> Valentina takes the girls by the shoulders. “Why don’t you three come up to the VIP area with me? We’ll be able to hear ourselves think.”
01[20:25] <thomamelas> Supresses the thought that clearly he has some poor freshman coed to “enlighten” because that’s an unkind thought.
[20:27] <desc> Elithora tries to look nonchalant but is clearly rather taken, on an academic-girl level, with the idea of being whisked to a VIP area.
[20:27] <ell> Aurelia bites her lip and looks about nervously. “Oh… ok.”
[20:28] <desc> (At last, someone has recognized my glamorous side …)
[20:28] <jacobkosh> BJ has been up here before. The VIP room is upstairs, with a huge one-way mirror on one wall, giving a view of the entire floor. It is considerably quieter, the accommodations are plush, and the tables have all been set with their own small selections of champagne and other drinks.
[20:30] <jacobkosh> A few people trail up after you and the starlet; you recognize Impresario, the Free Council provost, among them.
01[20:30] <thomamelas> Is quite comfortable going up to the VIP area. Old habits don’t quite go away.
[20:31] <desc> Elithora hands off the drum to a doorperson on the way up and peeks around to look at everyone up here.
01[20:33] <thomamelas> Looks to Aurelia, checking up on her.
[20:33] <jacobkosh> Valentina slides into a wide booth, gesturing for you all to join her. Her dress is either purple or black and is simple and elegant, if a bit revealing. She seizes a decanter of brandy and begins pouring. “They know just what I like here. That might not be the best sign,” she chuckles. “What’s your tipple, girls?”
[20:33] <ell> Aurelia looks quite nervous and is just sort of following
[20:34] <ell> “I uh, I’m easy.”
[20:35] <ell> “I mean whatever is fine! I’m sorry that came out wrong. Um. Yeah.” She shrinks into the far corner of the booth.
03[20:35] * jdarksun (~jdarksun@cloak-40F6DF49.washdc.fios.verizon.net) has joined #criticalfailures
[20:36] <desc> Elithora points to the brandy bottle V’s holding. “That works.”
01[20:36] <thomamelas> Taps Aurelia’s leg then leans in to whisper. “Rule one of the VIP area. You are here because you are supposed to be here. The why is irrelvant. A poesure who makes it to the VIP area is a posure with skills. Thus they belong.”
[20:37] <jacobkosh> She meets Aurelia’s gaze for a moment at that, face impassive, then smiles widely. “Ha! Okay, have one of these, then.” She slides over brandies to both girls.
01[20:38] <thomamelas> Sits comfortably in the booth.
[20:39] <ell> Aurelia smiles and takes the brandy
[20:39] <jacobkosh> “So I understand you’re all from out-of-town, is that right?”
01[20:41] <thomamelas> “Yes. From Boston orginally.” His accent is a slight clue.
[20:42] <jacobkosh> “Ohh, I love Boston. I try to make time to slip up there every time I’m in New York. You know that’s where the Cars are from? My parents’ favorite band! I got Ric Ocasek to sign an album for my mom once.”
[20:42] <jacobkosh> (ric ocasek mentioned. game over. rpg complete)
[20:43] <ell> Aurelia raises her hand. “I’m from Toronto.”
[20:44] <desc> Elithora makes a vague hand gesture. “Zanesville, Fresno, a few other cities. Nowhere exciting.”
[20:46] <jacobkosh> She shrugs. “I’m from Council Bluff. Fresno still sounds incredibly exotic to me.” She takes a sip of her brandy. “So how are you all liking it here?”
[20:47] <desc> “I love it. A change of pace. Academically busy, a little dangerous so you don’t get bored.”
01[20:48] <thomamelas> “Boredom is highly underrated.” Orders a whiskey from a passing waitress.
[20:48] <ell> “It’s good! We have a new place that’s pretty great. I mean, I guess I’m a bit more mundane.”
[20:48] <ell> Aurelia takes a sip of the brandy
[20:50] <jacobkosh> “Your friend is right. There’s nothing wrong with mundane. I spend my working days dealing with a bunch of brittle egos and then my off-hours with the mages, with even brittler egos. Take your normalcy where you can get it. I mean, you came in a hoodie, that’s so…just…refreshing. You know?”
[20:51] <jacobkosh> There’s the sound of drumming from the entrance.
[20:52] <desc> “Normalcy is insidious. It sticks to you and builds up…”
[20:52] <desc> She turns her head looks down toward the entrace.
[20:52] <ell> Aurelia smiles brightly “It is?” then looks at Eli, her eyes saying THANK YOU.
[20:52] <jacobkosh> “Look who was looking for you!” Arcimboldi spreads his hands wide in a showman-y way. From behind him, a woman in a dark suit steps forward and smiles shyly. “Hi, everyone. Hi, Blackjack.” It’s Friday.
02[20:53] * destro87AFK (~Chris@cloak-9789FCF9.ks.ks.cox.net) Quit (Quit: Leaving )
[20:53] <desc> (ps obv wants the v)
[20:54] <jacobkosh> Arcimboldi bows, then drums on the drums again (still round the bouncer’s neck) then takes Impresario by the shoulder and leads him to a corner booth.
01[20:54] <thomamelas> A pause, a bit of blush before he rises and regains his composure. “Hello Friday. Please, join us.”
[20:56] <jacobkosh> She smiles. “…Thanks. Jessica.” Valentina tips her glass. “Friday.”
[20:56] <jacobkosh> Friday slides into the booth next to BJ. “Is there any..ah, good.” She grabs a carafe of juice and pours a glass.
[20:57] <jacobkosh> “…Wow, the VIP area, I don’t think I’ve been up here before.” She looks around. “You guys are moving up in the world.”
[20:57] <desc> “All thanks to our humble benefactress.”
01[20:58] <thomamelas> Takes a sip of his whiskey. “I wanted to thank you for your help the other night.”
[20:59] <jacobkosh> Valentina laughs. “Humble? That’s one thing I don’t get called very often.” She tops off everyone’s brandies.
[21:00] <jacobkosh> Friday nods. “…I’m glad I could help. I hope you don’t mind that I had to report everything up the chain of command. I know that began as a private investigation…”
[21:01] <ell> Aurelia is trying not to drink her brandy too fast.
01[21:01] <thomamelas> “No, I understand completely. I was only worried about creating…instability. And I was glad to be wrong.” BJ smiles.
[21:03] <jacobkosh> She smiles back. “You wanted the truth. I…respect that. It’s hard to be straightforward in this business sometimes.” She turns to Valentina. “I saw that episode with Rebecca, the Jewish PI. It was…very respectful. Thank you.”
[21:03] <jacobkosh> Valentina inclines her chin in a slight bow. “We’re not out to make anyone’s lives harder. I know some of the Guardians and Arrow disagree, but we really aren’t.”
[21:06] <desc> Elithora takes a sip of her brandy. “No, no you mitigate it. With a crypto-truth.”
[21:07] <ell> Aurelia looks around conspiratorially. “So, is there a real Joachim?”
[21:08] <jacobkosh> Valentina shudders. “That part’s strictly fiction. I met a werewolf once. I’d prefer not to ever again. They’re all over Bowen Island and they’re ornery as hell.”
[21:08] <jacobkosh> “What do you think of the brandy?”
[21:09] <ell> Aurelia smirks. “So no werewolf babies? Shame.” She suppresses a giggle as she hides her face behind the glass, drinking.
[21:10] <desc> Elithora laughs at Aurelia. “There’d be more werewolf babies if werewolves were as hot as the TV show.”
[21:11] <desc> She peers at her brandy. “It’s smooth. Spicy and slippery on the lips.”
[21:11] <jacobkosh> “Oh god, I hate that plotline…I have to wear this thing to simulate pregnancy, this fatsuit, harness thing…it’s terrible. I’m all bent over at the end of the day. Yet another reason there’s no Valentinettes in my future.”
[21:12] <jacobkosh> Friday looks at BJ. “You’re quiet. What’s on your mind?”
[21:14] <ell> Aurelia looks sidelong at Eli “It’s tasty. And that’s a shame. Does your family get on your case about that?”
01[21:14] <thomamelas> “To be honest, I was trying to figure out how to ask you if you wanted to get some coffee one night.”
[21:15] <jacobkosh> Valentina looks into her brandy and shrugs slightly. “No…but only because they have enough things to get on my case about already.”
[21:16] <jacobkosh> Friday laughs. “That way’s as good as any! I…I was going to say something about my very serious duties for a moment there, but okay. Yeah. Why not? Coffee and we can talk shop.”
[21:17] <jacobkosh> Valentina looks up from her drink slyly. “Oh my! For once I’ll have the gossip drop on Archie!”
[21:18] <ell> Aurelia looks up from her brandy, looking around the room for whatever is gossip-worthy.
01[21:18] <thomamelas> “Even sentinals need to take the night off from time to time.” grins at Friday.
[21:19] <desc> Elithora smiles coyly into her brandy and pretends not to notice the adjacent power moves being made. “Enough things to get on your case, Valentina? Dare I ask about the scandalous life of a star?”
[21:22] <jacobkosh> “Oh, I just get a phone call every few months about how ‘disappointed’ they are every time my shirt comes off. Oh, it’s so hard, the entire town knows, et cetera et cetera. Does the entire town stop watching? Like fuck they do.” She gulps her brandy.
[21:24] <jacobkosh> “And then there’s those stories on TMZ and god knows what else. I’ve apparently fucked half the planet. I wish I lived the life I’m allegedly living, it sounds way more fun.”
01[21:24] <thomamelas> “So tell me Friday, when you are not dealing with push Arrow mages on an investigation, what do you do?”
[21:25] <desc> “Ha! And the mages pretend not to notice — like they aren’t loyal viewers!”
[21:26] <jacobkosh> Friday shrugs. “I just try to be a good steward to Dad’s estate. I meet with the family accountants, manage our foundations, sit on boards…I eat a lot of party food.” She pats her stomach ruefully.
01[21:27] <thomamelas> “You would think with what that catering costs the food would be better.” Grimacing a bit at the memories.
[21:27] <ell> Aurelia sips her brandy. “I’ll be honest. I didn’t watch the show until you came to me in a dream.”
[21:27] <jacobkosh> Valentina points at Elithora. “Exactly. EXACTLY! They’re all such fucking…such hypocrites. You know what the truth about mages is? Half of us would live and die as sad bookworms in someone’s basement if this hadn’t happened. We’ve got the power to go on adventures in time and space and act like, like internet posters instead.”
[21:29] <jacobkosh> Friday nods. “God, tell me about it. Sometimes I would kill for, for a cheeseburger. My dad is looking down very disappointed right now, but I don’t care. I’m sick to death of canapes.”
[21:30] <jacobkosh> Valentina looks at Aurelia, suddenly stopped short. “…a dream?” You have her full attention now.
03[21:30] * Scooter (~Scooter@cloak-C4E30C17.dc.dc.cox.net) has left #criticalfailures
[21:31] <ell> Aurelia just stops and stares, taken aback by the attention. “I mean, not like, um, a dream, dream. Like, in the Temenos, actually.”
[21:32] <ell> “Oh god did I actually just say that?”
01[21:32] <thomamelas> “If you promise not to tell Khatsalano that I am corrupting a sentinal, I think we could arrange for some cheeseberges after coffee. Or before. Before might be better.”
[21:33] <jacobkosh> Friday rolls her eyes. “He doesn’t care. He’s got a foot out the door already. Cheeseburgers it is, then! I’m going to be deliriously irresponsible for one day and it sounds fantastic.”
[21:34] <jacobkosh> Valentina stares at Aurelia for a second, then laughs again. “Oh my god you just pop out with the most amazing things! It’s fine, sweetheart. I’ve heard about it from a few Mastigos now. I guess I take my shirt off at the drop of a hat, huh?”
[21:36] <ell> Aurelia giggles nervously “Like constantly. Just getting new shirts just to take them off. But you were pretty distressed and we helped you. I mean, the dream you, not the real you. The character.”
[21:36] <desc> Elithora watches Aurelia. “How’d we help her? What happened in the dream?”
[21:39] <ell> Aurelia shrugs “Apparently it’s the end of the world. Again. And there were evil cultists and we had to save Joachim. But most surprising was that all the characters in the dream were remarkably intelligent. The dream you, Valentina is almost… sapient.”
03[21:39] * ErichZahn (ErichZahn@cloak-3367D510.brainstorminternet.net) has joined #criticalfailures
01[21:40] <thomamelas> “If I can ask without being rude, why the Arrow? We do not exactly have a monopoly on duty.” Taking a sip of his whiskey. Letting it rest on his tounge for a moment.
[21:43] <jacobkosh> Valentina’s brows quirk. “..sapient? That’s interesting. Usually she just repeats the trailer for the upcoming episode. Or that one line, Save me Joachim!, that was a meme for a bit.” She tops off her brandy again, and smiles. “So. How did she look?”
[21:43] <ell> “Like you”
[21:44] <ell> Aurelia has a slightly confused and dismissive look on her face. A “well duh” look.
[21:45] <jacobkosh> Friday brushes some dark hair back from her brow. “I felt a…a calling. To protect Sleepers and answer the spirits of the dead. The Arrow let me do that and don’t ask me to be a spy or liar or anything else. And, uh, I’m probably too square for the Free Council…” she looks down at her conservative pantsuit ruefully.
[21:47] <jacobkosh> Valentina presses Aurelia. “No, I mean, if it’s people’s dreams of me…am I all, like, airbrushed? Would I be embarrassed if I met the dream me?” She turns to Friday. “Oh, Friday, come off it. You look kind of dashing in that outfit. We’re not all spikes and chains.”
01[21:47] <thomamelas> “I can understand that calling. To protect those who need it. And you are fitting in better then my first visit here. I was wearing tweed.”
02[21:48] * ErichZahn (ErichZahn@cloak-3367D510.brainstorminternet.net) Quit (Connection reset by peer )
[21:48] <ell> Aurelia blushes. “I was kind of embarassed… but I don’t think you would be know.”
[21:48] <ell> (no not know wtf)
[21:49] <jacobkosh> (oh my god ell party foul)
03[21:49] * ErichZahn (ErichZahn@cloak-3367D510.brainstorminternet.net) has joined #criticalfailures
[21:49] <jacobkosh> (ostracized forever)
[21:49] <jacobkosh> Friday giggles. “You were, weren’t you? Okay, now I don’t feel so bad.” She takes a long pull of her juice.
[21:49] <ell> (confused homophones! oh noes!)
[21:50] <ell> Aurelia drinks her ‘juice’ to hide her awkwardness
[21:51] <jacobkosh> Valentina smiles indulgently. “You’re so nervous! What’s up?”
01[21:51] <thomamelas> “Have to fufill people’s expectation of what a professor to be should wear.” Dropping his voice a bit. “And I like it more then I like this.” Gesturing to the suit.
[21:53] <desc> Elithora forgets she wasn’t listening. “But the suit looks good on you!”
[21:55] <ell> Aurelia tries hard to be nonchalant “Nothing, I’m just a little nervous, that’s all. Everyone here seems like kind of a big deal. I man, you’re a pretty big deal.”
01[21:55] <thomamelas> “It is the approprite outfit for here. But…this is not me. Not any more.” Shrugs. Like a glove that you’ve slightly out grown.
[21:56] <jacobkosh> Friday nods. “We’re not getting any younger, are we? I used to sneak out some nights….go to places like this. I don’t recognize the music at all anymore, though.”
[21:58] <jacobkosh> Valentina smiles. “Big deal? Whatever. Maybe out in the Sleeping world. But we’re all mages here. That’s what I like. Even the ones who are dicks, if I wanted to, I could duel them. I could shut them up. But look – I want you to have fun.” She fumbles around in a small bag. “And I may have just the thing.”
01[21:58] <thomamelas> “I used to sneak out too. It seemed like the way to rebel at the time. I seem to recall more neon back then.”
[21:59] <jacobkosh> She pulls out a baggie with a handful of mottled pills inside. “Ever had MDMA? 100% pure. Made with Matter. No adulterants, completely safe.”
[22:00] <jacobkosh> (now the scene turns dark and menacing, because DRUGS)
01[22:00] <thomamelas> “No. Thank you.” A just a bit curt.
[22:00] <jacobkosh> (all the angles are now Dutch angles)
[22:00] <ell> Aurelia just kind of stares. Oh my god her dad was right. “I.. no thanks!” reflexively.
[22:02] <jacobkosh> Friday giggles. “Oh, god. I haven’t tried that in fifteen years. I spent an hour rubbing my back on this metal pole that had, like, duct tape around it, because the tape was all rough and the metal was smooth.”
[22:03] <desc> Elithora raises an eyebrow at Valentina. “What’s it like?”
[22:05] <jacobkosh> Valentina smiles. “It’s…nice. It makes everything more pleasant. I try to reserve it for special occasions. Don’t need more scandal fodder than I already have, right? But tonight’s special. The council took a big vote earlier. It’s exciting. And I’m meeting some cool new people, so…”
[22:05] <jacobkosh> she shrugs and pops one in.
01[22:06] <thomamelas> “I found a very fuzzy blanket once after someone decided to slip me some. It kept me busy for quite a while.” Looks to Aurelia. “You might like it.”
[22:06] <desc> Elithora watches her with fascination. “But… huh.”
[22:07] <jacobkosh> (oh god my cat licked my coffee cup. it had sugar on the bottom. she is hyped!)
01[22:08] <thomamelas> (Heaven is MDMA and warm fuzzy blanket. Seriously.)
[22:08] <jacobkosh> (DRUGS)
[22:08] <ell> Aurelia is staring at the tabs, having flashbacks to old PSAs about the dangers of peer pressure. “I uh… um…”
[22:10] <jacobkosh> (the moment of truth!)
01[22:10] <thomamelas> Looks to Friday. "I am going to attempt to see if I can get permission to take Memo on a “Fun Run” tomorrow." The way he says fun might lead someone to expect that other people might not find it fun.
[22:10] <desc> (valentina wants wants to roll balls and get a backrub, calling it)
[22:11] <jacobkosh> Friday snorts. “I’ve already heard stories about your Fun Runs. I’m glad I’m not junior to you.”
[22:11] <desc> Elithora nudges Aurelia and holds out her own hand impulsively. “What’s the worst that can happen.”
[22:12] <ell> Aurelia reaches out tentatively, “I mean, I guess just this once is okay… right?”
[22:12] <jacobkosh> Valentina smiles. “That’s the spirit! Oh god, I feel like a temptress. But seriously, you’ll love it.” She passes you each a single unit of drugs
[22:12] <jacobkosh> (i know the lingo)
03[22:14] * jake2 (Mibbit@161D67C.F200AF3C.184D5AC1.IP) has joined #criticalfailures
[22:14] <jake2> oh, FUCK YOU LAPTOP
01[22:14] <thomamelas> “It is good training. If there was proper mud around here it would be great training. And it helps get me back into marathon shape.”
06[22:15] * jake2 throws it off a bridge
[22:16] <desc> Elithora swallows her pill somewhat ungracefully with half her brandy and blinks. “Well then.”
[22:17] <ell> Aurelia follows suit, with a similar lack of grace if a good deal more timidity
[22:17] <jake2> Valentina clinks glasses with Elithora. “The best thing to do is to just go with the flow now. Ride it.”
[22:18] <jake2> "And – " she leans in, winking – “if you need to sober up in a hurry…I’m a Thyrsus.”
02[22:19] * jacobkosh (Mibbit@161D67C.F200AF3C.184D5AC1.IP) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client )
[22:19] <desc> Elithora clinks. “That would be waste of potential knowledge, now wouldn’t it?”
[22:20] <ell> Aurelia smiles and sips her brandy
[22:21] <jake2> Arcimboldi and Impresario finish their conversation, the former getting up and reclaiming his drum from the bouncer before wandering downstairs. Impresario steps over to your table. He’s in a pinstriped suit, no tie, and has a gold hoop through one ear. “Jess…ladies…” he looks at everyone’s expressions. “Oh, I see the party’s already started.”
[22:21] <jake2> “I just wanted you to know, voting’s closed and we’re going to be counting the ballots soon. Exciting stuff. I’ll be around if you want to chat later.” He bows at the table and takes his leave.
[22:21] <ell> Aurelia looks up at him. “It has?”
01[22:22] <thomamelas> Looks confused. “Voting?”
[22:22] <ell> “What voting?”
[22:23] <jake2> Friday looks curious too. Valentina holds up a finger while she swallows. “The Assembly took a vote about our course of action. What we’re going to do about the, you know, the Guardians and those poor kids and everything else.”
[22:25] <jake2> Friday nods. “I…hope it’s nothing rash.”
[22:26] <jake2> Valentina shrugs. “What’s rash at this point? I don’t know. And right now, honestly, I don’t care. Bring on rash. Bring on poor impulse control!”
[22:26] <ell> Aurelia shakes her head. “No no no no no… no… umm… no that’s bad.”
[22:26] <jake2> 1d10
[22:26] <critical> jake2, 1d10: 2 [1d10=2]
[22:27] <desc> Elithora leans to BJ and waggles her glass between Friday and Valentina. “I like them because they’re spunky.”
[22:27] <ell> (ack, the time. Late game is on)
01[22:27] <thomamelas> Rubs his temples, was having such a good time. “Spunky is a wondeful quality in a dog or a small child. Less so in a group of adults.”
[22:29] <ell> Aurelia giggles at spunky.
[22:30] <jake2> Valentina looks at BJ sympathetically. “We don’t know how it turned out yet, anyway. Relax. Look, your friend is making rash choices and she looks like she’s having way more fun than before.” She wraps an arm around Aurelia’s shoulder.
[22:31] <ell> Aurelia smiles wide, curling her lower lip in and making a small squealy noise.
[22:32] <desc> Elithora nudges BJ as if this somehow proves something. “See?”
[22:32] <jake2> “Oh my god, that was the most adorable thing I’ve ever heard. Tell me you heard that, guys.” She squeezes Aurelia again.
[22:33] <ell> Aurelia is turning red, and kind of makes the same sort of noise again. “I um… this is nice…”
[22:33] <jake2> Friday laughs. “Blackjack, I have to admit, this is a lot more lively than nights with my cabal. Montesquieu and Impresario always want to meet in very expensive Italian restaurants and have conversations in whispers.”
01[22:33] <thomamelas> Looks at Friday for help for a moment. “I am glad Aurelia is having a good time.” Does generally mean that.
[22:35] <desc> Elithora’s brandy is getting to her and she turns to Friday. “Hey! This is my girl right here and she is AWESOME. It’s just a secret is all. If the secret got out, who knows what might happen.”
[22:35] <desc> “Everyone would know she’s SECRETLY COOL.”
[22:35] <jake2> Valentina laughs. “Too late!”
[22:36] <ell> Aurelia just kind of shrinks back. “I um… thanks Eli.”
[22:37] <jake2> Friday elbows BJ in the ribs. “Come on there, serious man. I’m the Moros and you’re more of a funeral than me. You up to hit the dance floor? I’ve got some circa 1999 moves to show off…”
01[22:38] <thomamelas> Just shakes his head. Knows when he’s out numbered. Getting up and offering an arm to Friday.
[22:38] <desc> (yess one by one the dominoes fall into place)
[22:38] <jake2> She takes it, smiling a Cheshire Cat grin.
[22:40] <jake2> Valentina wraps her other free arm around Elithora. “Yes, go dance! The girl power cabal is now called to order. Ladies, what is our first move? Vote wisely!”
[22:41] <ell> Aurelia just sort of wriggles in her hoodie. “This is nice, I think we should do this.”
[22:42] <desc> Elithora smacks her drink down and seems surprised by how loud it is. “The first move should be whatever is most disruptive because history is a thief!”
[22:43] <jake2> (oh my god guys: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182469_527290810670329_1237949711_n.jpg )
[22:43] <ell> “A thief?”
[22:43] <ell> (omg that is the greatest thing)
[22:44] <desc> (haha. that will be one of our characters at the end of the night.)
01[22:44] <thomamelas> (Awesome.)
[22:46] <jake2> (I <3><jake2> “Holy shit, someone tamed the ice queen!”
[22:51] <desc> Eli gives Aurie a significant look. “No. We kick its ass.”
[22:51] <jake2> Valentina pulls Aurelia and Elithora closer, moving her head from one shoulder to another. “Mm, I wouldn’t mind that. Visit young me and give her the heads-up. ‘Never date actors or actresses!’”
[22:51] <ell> “How?”
[22:53] <desc> Elithora is flagrantly slipping back and forth with Time magic and seems to be stuttering in and out of rolling her tits off and still 20 minutes off the come-up. “Yyou just need a zip code outside like Sanguay’s.”
[22:54] <jake2> Valentina laughs. “Oh my GOD. Is that you or me? I can’t even tell, hahaha.”
[22:56] <desc> Elithora grabs Valentina and Aurelia’s hands and tugs them up. “My Fate sense is tingling. I want to spy on my cabal-mate.”
[22:56] <ell> “Okay”
[22:56] <jake2> Valentina laughs. “Do it! Do it!”
[22:57] <desc> Elithora drags them down towards the dancefloor, laughs out loud at whomever has that drum at this point, and mingles into the dancefloor to watch Beej and Friday through the corner of her eye.
[22:57] <jake2> Thom, as you dance, you catch Arcimboldi watching you and Friday with a slight smile on his face. He does seem to have a co-ed on his arm.
01[22:58] <thomamelas> Tries to ignore the creepy guy. Is dancing now with the pretty lady.
[22:59] <desc> Eli conveniently leaves Valentina and Aurie facing each other to spy on beej on side and them on the other.
[23:00] <jake2> A thin Asian boy moonwalks up to the three women. He smiles at Aurelia. “Hey hey, ladies.” Valentina sticks her tongue out at him. “Back off, slick!” She laughs. “Guys, this is…hahahha…this is…Han Yolo. I can’t believe they let you take that name.”
[23:01] <ell> “Wait, really? Hahaheee… that’s funny… Hi Han!”
[23:02] <ell> Aurelia is on the verge of a gigglefit
[23:02] <jake2> “it’s my philosophy of life, lady. Arrived at through the most serious meditation and shit. You busy?” Valentina shakes her head. “No, for real, scoot! The girl power cabal has pressing business.”
[23:02] <jake2> He bows to Aurelia. “Yeah, but you’re not gonna forget the name, right?” Without turning around, he moves backward onto the dancefloor.
[23:02] <jake2> Elithora separates now to go spy on the lovebirds
[23:03] <desc> (all the schemes)
[23:03] <ell> “Eli? Eli where are you gooing?” Aurelia calls after her and starts moving towards her.
[23:04] <jake2> Valetina grabs Aurelia’s shoulder. “Not so fast! The three of us together won’t make good spies. And you still need to dance.” She starts dragging Aurie to the floor.
01[23:05] <thomamelas> Very serious BJ is having a good time. There may be actual laughter comming out of his mouth.
[23:05] <desc> Elithora opens her mouth to say something but starts dancing instead, with a fluidity she clearly lacks in her hyper-intellectualized normal sobriety.
[23:06] <ell> Aurelia is dragged to the dance floor. “oh okays! Um… hi.”
[23:08] <ell> Aurelia dances with Valentina, competently if timidly and trying not to touch anyone or anything.
[23:08] <jake2> Valentina notices this. “You’re dancing like you’re in grandma’s antique store!”
[23:09] <ell> “You dance in your grandma’s antique store?”
[23:10] <desc> Elithora finds this concept strangely hilarious.
[23:10] <jake2> “i…” she shakes her head. “Don’t change the subject! This is, you know, tactile! Don’t be so nervous about bumping into things.” She gets closer. “You might accidentally enjoy it!”
[23:12] <jake2> Thom, Friday seems to have settled into a groove with BJ. She peels off her dark sports jacket and tosses it at a nearby chair, where it slumps to the floor. “Oh well…that’s what dry cleaners are for, right?!”
[23:12] <ell> Aurelia smiles like she’s got her hand in the cookie jar, “I’m just trying not to get in anyone’s way…”
[23:14] <jake2> Valentina shakes her head. “You’re not! Come on, Aurelia. Get outside your head for just a while. Please, I promise, I won’t let you get into trouble. I just want to see you enjoy yourself. Right now your cabal has one person who knows how to have a good time, it’s unacceptable.”
[23:15] <desc> “hey!”
[23:15] <jake2> “I meant you! Your guy friend had to be dragged out here with wild horses. Hey, isn’t there another dude with you guys? Where is he?”
01[23:16] <thomamelas> Laughs at Friday, but doesn’t throw his jacket. Has unbuttoned it however.
[23:17] <ell> Aurelia loosens up a bit, still feeling some shame but the pep talk has made her feel better about it.
[23:18] <desc> “Oh, he’s researching or something. He’ll be sad he wasn’t here.”
[23:19] <jake2> Ell, give me a presence + socialize check
[23:20] <jake2> “Oh my god, what a snooze! We need to work on him next. Although maybe Sacerdote won’t let him come.”
[23:20] <ell> 3d10h8
[23:20] <critical> Ell, 3d10h8: 2 [3d10h8=8,1,9]
[23:21] <ell> (oh wow)
01[23:21] <thomamelas> (Crushing it!)
[23:21] <desc> Elithora gives Valentina a knowing nod. “Mmhmm. The cabal needs work. We’ll see to it.” (She clearly doesn’t see whatever Aurie sees yet.)
[23:24] <ell> (bulls@kings final: 79:121)
[23:24] <jake2> Valentina smiles at Aurelia’s dancing. She puts an arm around her waist and pulls her closer. “THAT’S more like it. I knew there was someone fun hiding out in there somewhere.”
[23:25] <ell> Aurelia squeaks again, surprised but not unpleasantly so “Uh, thanks.”
[23:27] <desc> Elithora shifts on and off beat based on how much she manages to stop thinking and stop fussing with Time.
[23:27] <jake2> Elithora sees a few other Time mages doing the same thing. One, based on their rhythm, seems to have turned the dance music into a Polka
[23:29] <ell> (seriously guys. The kings were tied for worst in the west. The bulls are a p[layoff team in the east)
[23:29] <jake2> (that is ridic)
[23:29] <jake2> (1 sec while I commit some things to noes)
[23:29] <jake2> 9er notes)
01[23:30] <thomamelas> (SNL had a joke about Donald Duck having a Vietnam nightmare. I keep listening to it over and over and I’m laughing so hard it hurts. Sorry.)
[23:30] <desc> (spend xp on a donald duck rote)
01[23:30] <thomamelas> “I have no idea what this music is, but it’s growing on me.” Shouting to Friday.
[23:31] <jake2> “Me too!” she shouts. “Maybe we’re not ready for the old farts’ home just yet.” Though her dancing says a bit differently.
01[23:32] <thomamelas> For the heck of it, casts prime sight on himself. Figuring a mage nightclub should be a visual show.
[23:33] <desc> Elithora falls into a simple dance rhythm. “What if you could just … move your way into a city outside of time? Use yourself as a key in?”
[23:33] <jake2> And it is! The entire place lights up in a way that is dazzling but not, like, strobingly unpleasant. Everyone comes alive with a pulsing, organic glow.
[23:33] <jake2> (Elithora is still academizing while dancing, I love it)
[23:34] <ell> “Eli I have no idea what you’re talking about”
01[23:34] <thomamelas> Reaches out and touches Friday’s temple and casts it on her.
[23:35] <jake2> Friday gasps slightly as it takes effect. “Oh…oh…! This is, hahaha! This is a lot more cheerful than Grim Sight!”
[23:38] <jake2> She turns her head back and forth, looking around wondrously.
01[23:39] <thomamelas> “It can be so very beautiful sometimes. I can forget sometimes…..” Grins as he takes it all in as well.
[23:41] <jake2> Valentina smiles, looking over Aurelia’s shoulder, as she sees BJ and Friday smiling. “Your friend is having a lovely time, finally.” A hand slides down Aurelia’s back, nails gently digging in as it does. She leans in. “How about you?”
[23:42] <ell> Aurelia looks about nervously. “um… good?”
[23:42] <jake2> Her other hand tightens around Aurie’s thigh.
[23:42] <ell> Aurelia backs up rapidly. “I um… wait… no”
[23:43] <jake2> Valentina bobs back and forth, trying to catch Aurelia’s eye. “What? What’s wrong?”
[23:44] <jake2> (haha ell pm’ed me MORE SORDID)
[23:44] <ell> “I uh… I um… I’m just, not… I mean… It’s not you, just…” Aurelia is desperately grasping for an explanation that both makes sense and doesn’t reveal too much.
[23:45] <ell> “Maybe some other time?”
[23:45] <jake2> “Just what? What’s wrong? Are you…seeing someone?”
[23:45] <ell> “No, it’s not that. I mean, I’m just not comfortable…”
[23:46] <jake2> She throws exasperated hands in the air. “Well, we all knew that. Okay. Whatever.” She heads to the bar.
[23:47] <ell> Aurelia looks around, trying to settle on something comfortable. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry, no don’t go…” but she’s already gone
[23:47] <desc> Can I presence+persuade pvp vs Aurie to demand that she go to the bar
[23:47] <jake2> It’s up to Ell!
[23:48] <desc> (go 2 the bar kid)
[23:48] <ell> if you do the confrontation!
[23:48] <ell> CONFRONT
[23:48] <desc> 5d10h8
[23:48] <critical> desc, 5d10h8: 0 [5d10h8=5,7,7,7,7]
[23:48] <desc> omg no
[23:48] <desc> in my moment of potential triumph
01[23:48] <thomamelas> (Jackpot!)
[23:48] <jake2> (hahahaha)
01[23:50] <thomamelas> “I need to sit down for a moment. Do you see my cabalmates?” Picking up the jacket Friday threw.
[23:52] <ell> (cmon desc confront)
[23:52] <desc> Elithora juts her chin in a single arc from Aurelia to the bar.
[23:53] <ell> Aurelia shrugs her shoulders pathetically, then walks towards Eli.
02[23:53] * Turkson (~chatzilla@cloak-880E847E.hsd1.co.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.90 [Firefox 19.0.2/20130307023931] )
[23:53] <desc> Eli raises her eyebrows but her face softens into an open question mark.
[23:54] <ell> “Sorry, I’m just not fun enough I guess…”
[23:54] <desc> Elithora blurts out, “Oh my god you doofus.”
[23:55] <ell> “What?”
[23:55] <desc> “I thought last time you,” she slows time slightly so her voice slows and is lost to the crowd nearby, “You should go to the bar and talk to her. Why not?”
[23:55] <ell> Aurelia gets a bit defensive. “She was like, all over me…”
[23:56] <desc> 5d10h8 time
[23:56] <critical> desc, time: 2 [5d10h8=1,1,8,8,1]
[23:57] <desc> Just making the crowd slip like a film strip speeding up and coming off course slightly so no one can hear the conversation.
[23:58] <jake2> oh cool, okay
[23:58] <jake2> bam done and done
[23:59] <ell> (woo victory)
Session Time: Thu Mar 14 00:00:00 2013
[00:00] <jake2> you have the cone of not exactly silence but weird slowy fasty sound
[00:00] <desc> “Maybe I mis-assumed. She just seems very interested. And she is … well, her.”
[00:00] <desc> (wes anderson slow mo in background only)
[00:01] <ell> “Well I mean… what do you mean?”
[00:03] <desc> “She just seems very interested in you. ‘Not fun enough’ is not your problem.”
[00:03] <ell> “I’m sorry she was just moving fast and I’ve never… um…”
[00:04] <ell> Aurelia just kind of stops and shuts up.
[00:04] <desc> The film reel jitters. “Never what?”
[00:05] <jake2> RECORD PLAYER SCREECH NOISE
[00:05] <ell> Aurelia is a good liar, but this is a terrible lie “Nothing it’s not important.”
[00:05] <ell> the E is certainly not helping
[00:06] <desc> 5d10h8 can I simulate a massive special effects speed warp
[00:06] <critical> desc, can I simulate a massive special effects speed warp: 1 [5d10h8=1,7,7,5,[10,7]]
[00:07] <desc> (okay a baby special effects budget)
[00:07] <desc> Everything else shifts slightly further out of focus. “No, what’s up? It’s okay?”
[00:08] <ell> Aurelia finds a thing to sit on (or failing that just sits on the floor)
[00:08] <ell> “I’ve just never been with someone… like… her?”
[00:10] <desc> “Oh. Well, I’m just saying,” glances over to the blurry siren-apparition shimmering up and down in pitch, and then Elithora’s inquiry trails off as she glances back to Aurelia. She is clearly suddenly distracted by Sensations.
[00:11] <ell> “You’re saying?”
[00:12] <desc> “She just seems like a … nexus of a person. She is captured by you in a sudden, lateral way.”
[00:12] <desc> Her eyes are slightly unfocused. “There are gathering tangles in the fate of things. It is only rarely so strikingly bitter and sweet.”
[00:13] <desc> She gives Aurie a significant look. “What do you really think?”
02[00:13] * jdarksun (~jdarksun@cloak-40F6DF49.washdc.fios.verizon.net) Quit (Quit: bonk )
[00:14] <ell> “I like her, but… I’ve… I’ve never been with um… anyone…”
[00:14] <ell> Aurelia hides her face in shame
[00:15] <desc> The film speeds changes and settles somehow. "Anyone anyone?
[00:15] <ell> Aurelia is engrossed in her hoodie. “God I could live in this hoodie forever… um… yeah, anyone anyone… ever… I’m sorry.”
[00:16] <ell> Aurelia has pulled her arms out of the sleeves and has pulled the hoodie over her knees
[00:17] <desc> Elithora laughs, suddenly and genuinely and in a way with no recrimination that Aurelia might be expecting. “Oh my goodness everyone would be so jealous forever if you …”
[00:18] <desc> She clears her throat. “Ah, that is to say. You shouldn’t worry too much. I’m just saying you should go tell her that, one other thing that you really want to say only, and then shush.”
[00:18] <ell> “I… what?” Aurelia is kind of taken aback by the response
[00:18] <ell> “But… are you sure?”
[00:19] <desc> “It would just be funny and interesting. I bet you it would. First you’ll tell her, then something I can’t see in the future happens, and then the city itself is actually splendid.”
[00:20] <ell> “Wait, funny like hmm or funny like everyone laughs at me?”
[00:20] <jake2> (Elithora is turning absolutely oracular, I love this)
[00:20] <desc> Elithora lifts Aurelia’s hands and dances along with whatever incredibly slow version of the beat is playing only in the tiny tear in the stream. “What if any laughter is a good response?”
[00:21] <ell> “I… didn’t think of it that way…”
[00:22] <desc> The stream is starting to accelerate back towards the rest of the party. “I don’t think you’re actually in any danger at all. And even in the city it will be a worthy danger.”
[00:22] <desc> “What adventure do you actually want to have? Just have that one, as you please.”
[00:26] <ell> Aurelia gets up, hands still in her hoodie. “Thanks, Eli, I think.” then she walks off to the bar as reality resumes.
01[00:26] <thomamelas> Stops pickingup the blazer in slow mo, picks it up in real time now.
[00:27] <jake2> (this is very nicely visual, everyone, well done)
[00:27] <desc> Elithora turns toward BJ as he glides fluidly out of living slow motion James Bond poster.
[00:27] <desc> (yes he gets props in character too, tom)
01[00:29] <thomamelas> Is smiling as he looks away from Friday to Elithora.
[00:30] <desc> Elithora is the cat that caught the canary as she finishes turning from Aurelia to catch BJ’s gaze and follow it back to Friday as all parties take another two steps on beat.
[00:32] <desc> (spotlight split to bj and aurie, delicious images gimme guys >:3)
01[00:33] <thomamelas> “Time magic shows so briefly but brightly.”
[00:34] <jake2> Oh yes, BJ would have caught all of this!
[00:34] <desc> “If the timing is right, you don’t need much. Small pushes, right?”
01[00:36] <thomamelas> “A light touch rather then brute force is always better.” Finding a table and gesturing for everyone to sit.
01[00:39] <thomamelas> “As much as I hate to risk being debbie downer again…has the vote result been announced?” Taking a seat.
[00:39] <ell> Aurelia is busy looking for Valentina at the bar
[00:39] <desc> Elithora slides in smoothly, eyes scanning to the bar and then turning back. “I hadn’t heard yet. I wonder what’s the verdict.”
[00:40] <jake2> Valentina is still at the bar, she hasn’t seen any of this. Aurelia finds her easily, she’s in the middle of a crowd, as usual.
[00:43] <ell> Aurelia approaches, reaching out, then thinking better. “Valentina, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude.”
[00:45] <jake2> She turns to Aurelia warily. “Well…you did a good job of not meaning it.” She sticks out her tongue. “Hey everyone, give us some privacy for a minute.” Some of the crowd look at her incredulously, and she says it again, louder. “GO!”
[00:48] <ell> Aurelia sits down next to her. “I’m sorry, I was just scared. I mean, I don’t have the um… the uh… experience you do, and it was just kind of sudden. I mean, I do think you’re pretty and you’re fun and you’ve been very kind and all…”
[00:48] <jake2> (hey thomamelas, have you been getting this logged? my stupid mibbit lost the thread two or three times now)
[00:48] <desc> (I have it either way)
[00:49] <jake2> (rad okay)
01[00:49] <thomamelas> (Yep. I generally have logging on by default.)
[00:49] <jake2> Friday looks at Blackjack, panting a bit with exertion. “I…dunno about the vote but…nobody would tell me anyway.”
[00:50] <jake2> “You can tell I’m more used to talking to dead people than…than chasing zombies around parking lots.”
01[00:51] <thomamelas> “Janis seems to like me. I am really confused by that. But she seems to like me.” Smiles at Friday. “You can join the fun run tomorrow morning. 5:30 am.”
[00:55] <jake2> She makes a gagging noise. “Girls who hang out in cemeteries don’t get up before ten. It’s in our charter.”
[00:56] <jake2> Ell, Valentina looks at you as you say this and her face softens gradually into a smile. “Oh. Ohhhhhhhh. I think I understand now.” She stands up, offering a hand. “How about one more time, from the top?”
[00:57] <ell> Aurelia blushes and smiles “Okay, I think I’d like that.”
01[00:57] <thomamelas> “So just stay up late and finish your day with a nice run. I am thinking tomorrow will be seven, eight miles tops.”
[00:58] <jake2> Friday considers. “…stay up late?” She swirls her drink and smiles as she sees Aurelia and Valentina heading back to the floor, hand in hand. “…yeah. Yeah, I can do that.”
[01:00] <jake2> Just then, BJ’s phone beeps with a text.
[01:00] <jake2> It’s from Sinon.
01[01:01] <thomamelas> Checks his phone real quickly.
[01:01] <jake2> “FC voted to deliver ultimatum to Consilium, demand release of captives within 30 days. – S”
[01:02] <jake2> And that’s it from my end, but before we go, Ell, tell us how the night ends
01[01:02] <thomamelas> “Oh…he is good. Very good.”
[01:02] <ell> That would be telling
[01:02] <desc> (“bad bitch contest you in first place”
[01:02] <jake2> There’s a second beep, Thom.
[01:02] <desc> )
[01:02] <ell> also i haven’t decided
01[01:02] <thomamelas> Checks it.
[01:03] <jake2> “Congratulate A for me. And Friday really likes coconut chocolates – S”
01[01:04] <thomamelas> “Okay, now that is just showing off.”

Raw Log - Session 017

At the Edge of All Things jacobkosh